Ad Spot Post
I spent years wishing I had been mothered and taken care of better, but then it dawned on me that I could just take care of myself. Instead of hoping for the perfect parent I decided to be my own parent. Becoming a licensed massage therapist at age 19 was super helpful, too. I learned at early age how important it was to take care of yourself.
So don’t depend on anyone else to meet your needs and take care of you. You are own best healer, caregiver and parent. Treat yourself like you treat your children.
Here are my favorite self care things to do.
1. Yoga class (or just a few minutes of a home practice works too).
2. Self Massage (I go over this in great detail in my From Maiden to Mother eCourse).
3. Take a bath, preferably with salt and some essential oils for added detox and relaxation.
4. Read a book outside.
5. Go for a walk.
6. Have a glass of wine and talk to a friend. Thank God for Facetime and Skype if all your friends are long distance like me.
7. Take a class or go to a hobby meeting. Follow your bliss!
8. Go window shopping.
9. Get your nails done or paint them yourself. It’s amazing how good a fresh coat of nail polish (chemical free, if you can!) can make you feel.
10. Get a massage.
And a few more for good measure.
11. Go to an acupuncturist.
12. Go to a homeopath.
13. Go to a chiropractor.
14. Go to an energy healer.
15. Go to an astrologist.
19. Make art (or even just color in a coloring book).
20. Have sex!
What did I forget? What do you do to take care of yourself?