DIY

DIY Diaper Changing Pad Cover

I think this is my best project so far, as far as satisfaction goes. Dresses are awesome, but to make something useful was pretty great. When I was done and put it on the diaper changing pad, I was totally surprised. I couldn’t believe it actually worked and turned out! It fit perfectly. This pad was given to us, as a hand me down, and before Penelope it had already been through 4 babies, so the cover was in a bad, bad place. Now, I get to look at these pretty flowers every time I change Miss P’s diapers. And since our diaper changing station is in our bedroom, it matches much better.

DIY Diaper Changing Pad Cover

This is what the underneath looks like. It was the first time I have ever done a project with elastic. Elastic used to scare the crap out of me, but it is very simple! Here is the tutorial.

You Might Also Like

  • Jill
    June 15, 2010 at 2:14 AM

    I just found your blog, linked from Prudent Baby, and I love it already!

  • Lindsey M.
    June 15, 2010 at 3:48 PM

    ohhh la la! you're making me want to bust out my sewing machine. but first I would need to go to the fabric store and that is VERY dangerous. 😉

  • Stephanie
    June 16, 2010 at 1:36 PM

    @Jill…thanks so much!

    @Lindsey…bust it out! And you can cut up old dresses like me instead of buying new fabric. I am going to start being on the hunt for print flat sheets to cut up at garage sales or really on sale at bedding stores.

  • Lura
    June 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM

    This is awesome! And what a fantastic idea to find old sheets and dresses to re-purpose. I'm nesting and this is perfect =D