This simple delicious meatball pasta bake is perfect for family dinner. Meatballs are so yummy paired with your favorite pasta noodles and seasoned to perfection. It’s even more tasty as a meatball casserole that you can whip up any night of the week.
This meatball casserole really is one of my go to meals at least once per week. That’s because it’s quick and easy. Not to mention that it’s so flavorful and cozy. My family and I had this dish just the other day. It was such a lovely family dinner experience because we were all happy.
I have so many fond memories of sitting around the dinner table with my family eating this meatball pasta bake. Last week my oldest child was laughing so hard while trying to slurp up a bite that he snorted! Which had us all laughing hysterically especially my toddler! Then she proceeded to make snort noises all through the meal!
Yes it’s surely memories like that which will always remind me of eating this meatball casserole! That’s how I think family dinner should always be. All you need is a list of go to tasty easy meals like this one. When everyone is full and satisfied including mom family dinner can really be extra special. When I do not have to worry about what to feed my loved ones I am more relaxed. This way I can surely focus on my kids and husband and actually talk about our day together!
What other types of noodles can I use for this meatball pasta bake ?
* Try lasagna noodles for a delicious lasagne bake! These long flat noodles are thick and comforting. Did you know lasagna is one of the oldest types of pasta? They’re perfect for stacking layers with tasty ingredients in between like sauce, cheese, and meats.
* You can use spaghetti for this meatball casserole. The long, thin, solid, cylindrical noodles are fun to slurp up with ground beef and cheese.
* Ravioli is one of my favorite pasta noodles especially the ones filled with cheese. They can be circular or square and come frozen near the meatballs!
* Rigatoni noodles make fun casseroles and pasta bakes. That’s because of its tubular shape. It’s a form of tube-shaped pasta with different lengths and diameters originating in Italy. They are larger than penne and ziti, and sometimes slightly curved. However not as curved as elbow macaroni!
* Fettuccine would make a delicious meatball pasta bake as well. It is a popular pasta that originated in Roman and Tuscan cuisine. It’s flat, thick pasta usually made of egg and flour. Additionally it’s narrower than, but similar to, the tagliatelle typical of Bologna. Spinach fettuccine is delicious as well! That’s kind is made of ground spinach, flour, and eggs.
What ingredients do you need to make he meatball casserole ?
* 14 oz frozen meatballs (defrosted)
* 12 oz spaghetti sauce
* 3 Cups of water
* 16 oz Bowtie pasta (dry)
* 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
* 1 ½ C. White cheddar cheese
* ¼ C. Parmesan cheese grated
How do I make the meatball casserole ?
Instructions for the dish :
* Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
* Then combine the (defrosted) meatballs, spaghetti sauce, water, pasta, and seasoning in a large mixing bowl and stir it well.
* Then carefully pour it into a large skillet or baking ban and cover it with the skillet lid or tin foil.
* Bake it for 35 minutes.
* Top with cheeses and bake for again 10-15 minutes.
* Let the casserole set for 10 minutes before serving.
Talking about this meatball pasta bake has me craving it for dinner tonight. That’s why I have started defrosting the meatballs from my freezer! My son is asking me to make corn as well since he has to eat a vegetable. All I have is frozen corn in the bag so I’m going to defrost it alongside the meat balls! It will be fine and delicious to add the corn right into the casserole.
I love the flavor of corn, ground beef, spaghetti sauce, and pasta noodles! The other thing I’m going to make are some baked biscuits. Have you ever dipped biscuits in your cheesy meaty sauces? It’s absolutely heavenly.
What other vegetables can I toss in the meatball casserole ?
- Chopped spinach.
- Diced mushrooms.
- Sliced fresh tomatoes.
- Minced fresh garlic.
- Chopped broccoli.
- Sliced eggplant.
- Chopped Brussels sprouts.
- Shredded carrots.
The vegetable additions are endless really! However you dress up this casserole if you keep the main ingredients it will be absolutely delicious. Additionally it’s cheap and quick and easy. The prep time is only 10 minutes and the cook time is 50 minutes. This heavenly tasting and simple casserole is the perfect weekly family dinner dish. Try it out tonight and see how your family approves generously. They will be so impressed with your creativity and frugality as well!
If you loved our Dump Meatball Pasta Bake Casserole recipe, you will also love our other recipes! Follow us on Pinterest!
Now, remember to save this recipe on Pinterest for later 🙂
More Casserole Recipes You Will Love:
If you are looking for more great tasting casserole recipes, here are some of my favorite casserole recipes. I know you are going to love them as much as I do.
Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole
This amazing cheesy potato casserole recipe with chicken is the comfort food your family has been waiting for! When you taste this epic cheesy casserole you will melt. I was amazed by how simple, hearty, and mouthwatering it is. Plus this casserole is great for big families or guests especially if they appreciate kid friendly dinner ideas.
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Twice baked potatoes casserole is going to knock your socks off with mouthwatering potatoes, bacon, cheese, chives, and sour cream. You have to try this casserole with potatoes for potlucks, picnics, family dinner, or guests. That’s because it’s extremely simple and packed with a variety of your favorite flavors.
Poor Man Husband Casserole
I adore cheap and tasty dinner ideas like this casserole with ground beef, pasta, cheese, and spice! Sometimes you just want to throw some of your favorites together in a pan and call it a day. Any casserole with egg noodles is a favorite of mine because it gives a special crispness to the noodles you don’t get outside of the oven.
This popular cut is rich in flavor with a splendid balance of meat to fat ratio. That’s one of the reasons you will adore this casserole with egg noodles and ground beef!
Taco Cornbread Casserole
Taco casserole with cornbread is so simple, easy, and mouthwatering. It’s full, cozy, and comforting for the entire family. Everyone will be amply satisfied and content when they have a hearty serving of this taco casserole recipe. These flavor combinations will rock your world and you will never want another casserole. It is delicious, creamy, savory, and delightful!
Mexican Casserole with Beef
SHARON’S AMAZING CHICKEN CASSEROLE
You will fall in love with this recipe for chicken casserole with stuffing! The flavor combinations are simply heavenly. Additionally it’s cheap and easy to throw together. You will never want to make another chicken casserole with stuffing other than this one. Wait until you and your family have a bite of this amazing dinner dish.
Easy Mexican Casserole
This is another delicious and simple Mexican casserole recipe you have to add to your meal schedule. It’s packed with savory cheesy goodness that the entire family will adore.
Your loved ones will be over joyed and satisfied when this casserole is made for dinner. Just take a look at these blissfully tasty ingredients and simple steps.
Broccoli, Rice, Chicken and Cheese Casserole
This super delicious recipe for turkey casserole with creamy sauce and lots of shredded turkey and broccoli is all topped off with gooey cheese and buttery bread crumbs.
Let me tell you that this easy dinner dish was really tasty! I had a different recipe in mind but fortunately that I couldn’t find it, so I used this one. A guess what? I absolutely loved it and I am going to keep it for next time as well.