I’m so excited to announce that my Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes cookbook is here! Click here to buy a copy.
It has 150 recipes!
And just as a little teaser, here is a new recipe, Ginger-Cranberry Pork Roast. This one is probably my absolute favorite that I have come up with so far.
Ginger Cranberry Pork Roast
- 3 pounds pork roasts
- 2 12-ounce package fresh cranberries or 2 cans of whole cranberries
- 1 cup peeled and sliced or minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons rapadura sugar (if using canned cranberries, or to taste…more sugar is needed for fresh cranberries)
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot flour (or any thinkening agent of your choice)
- 1 cup filtered water
- Dump all ingredients (except water) into one, one gallon bag.
- Label and put in freezer
- Day of cooking dump contents of bag into slow cooker, add the water
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until fully cooked
Remember each slow cooker is different, so the first time you make a recipe, really watch it so you don’t over or under cook it.
Serve with sautéed broccoli in lots of butter. I cook frozen broccoli this way, no need to thaw, just dump frozen broccoli into a hot pan with hot butter and it is delicious.
Hope you like it as much as me!
If you are interested in more slow cooker freezer recipes check out my cookbook From Your Freezer To Your Family, Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes For Every Season.