Even though it is not eggplant season around here, I had a hankering for eggplant parm a couple of months ago and gave it try. It was my first time making it and it came out amazing! I would often eat a second portion late at night, just because it was so tasty!
Grain-Free Eggplant Parmesan
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch thick round slices.
- Sea salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- black pepper
- olive oil for frying
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole raw milk
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Arrange eggplant slices on paper towels and sprinkle with a little sea salt and let the bitter juices seep out, about an hour
- Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl, then egg and milk in another bowl
- Heat olive oil in frying pan
- Dredge an eggplant slice with the egg/milk mixture and then the dry ingredients, then fry that bad boy up
- Repeat until all the slices are cooked
- Then layer eggplant slices, marinara sauce and cheese in a pan until your dish is full
- Top with cheese
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes
I made two medium dish pans of this, one to cook right away and one to freeze and cook later. Also, I tend to not give exact amounts of spices and things, because for one, I am not paying attention, and two, I am winging it. If it is pissing you off that I am not more precise, email me and I will try to be better about it!