Did you know that fat is good for you? I know, it’s really hard to wrap your mind around the idea when, for a generation, we have been told that low-fat is the way to be healthy and lose weight. But they just had it plain ass-backwards.
You need lots of fat. Fat helps your brain, hormones and body function properly, especially as you age. You need fat to be fertile, grow a baby and make good quality milk. And contrary to the idiotas at the USDA who made the food pyramid, the more fat you eat, the more fat you lose. Only when I stopped eating low fat cereal and milk for breakfast and replaced them with huge portions of bacon and eggs, did I start losing weight.
Deviled eggs are a great way to get lots of fat and protein in. They make great snacks or as a protein part of lunch. And, of course, they are a staple at Easter gatherings.
Try my healthy deviled eggs recipe this Easter! And then tell all your friends that fat is good for you! Hope you have a blessed Lent season and Easter.
Healthy Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen eggs, hard boiled
- 12 tablespoons of mayonaise (homemade is best, next best is organic made with olive oil)
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (braggs raw is best)
- 3 teaspoons mustard (I prefer a spicy German kind, but any will do)
- 2 teaspoons worchestire sauce (you could also do braggs aminos)
- 1 teasspoon salt and pepper (remember to get SEA salt instead of table salt)
- paprika for sprinkling
- Hard boil the eggs. Boil water, and place them gently inside. Boil about ten minutes.
- Let the eggs cool on the counter. When they are cooled, gently cut them in half. Scoop out the yellow yolks and place in a bowl. Put the white halved eggs on a platter lined up nice.
- Mash the yolks in the bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the eggs on the platter. Or you can put them into a plastic freezer bag and cut the tip just a bit and squeeze out the mixture, like you do with cupcake icing.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve!
- *They will last about 4 days in the fridge if you don't eat them all right away.