- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided use
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
Heat 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil over medium high heat in a large pan.
Add the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Remove the peppers from the pan and place on a plate.
Add the remaining oil to the pan. Season the flank steak with salt and pepper to taste.
Increase heat to high. Add the steak to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add the garlic and ginger, then cook for 30 seconds.
Place the peppers back in the pan with the steak.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, 1/4 cup water and cornstarch.
Pour the sauce over the steak mixture and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce has just thickened, then serve.
This time of year can be very hectic for us all. We have holidays, end of school, and family visits on the lineup, and sometimes, Christmas shopping can just feel overwhelming. Of course, I personally love holiday gifting, but even I can be stretched too thin in this department and exchange joy for stress during this season. If you’re unsure of what to buy for your family members or the loved ones in your life, check out this holiday gift guide with the ideas for the mamas, papas, kiddos, and babies in your life!
Gift Ideas for Mama
Moms will always tear up over homemade cards or goodies from their kids, so that’s always a success. We also love moms-day-out, or sitting in silence and reading for an hour, or taking an uninterrupted bubble bath, or a day to go shopping for clothes that fit us properly. So at the end of the day, we’re easy to please 😉
- Thrive Market Membership – Take some stress off her real food budget!
- Foot Spa – What mom wouldn’t want to unwind with an at-home foot spa to release tension and improve circulation?
- Down with the Puffness Coffee Mask – Moms work hard. This natural face mask helps reduce the puffiness of tired eyes.
- Yoga Mat – Cute and super functional for beginners or pros!
- Instant Pot – All the moms are raving about this, and for good reason! I couldn’t live without it. And here is a great paleo cookbook full of recipes for your Instant Pot if that’s your preferred diet!
- Storage Baskets – If the mom in your life is anything like me, she’ll appreciate new supplies to help her organize her home and life. These are beautiful (they come in different colors) but also functional.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo – This pre-made natural shampoo detoxes the hair and still lathers!
- Immersion Blender – Great for soups or mashed potatoes!
- All You’ll Ever Need Mineral Makeup Package – A great way to freshen up her makeup collection (plus, it’s all natural and toxin-free)
- Beeswax Candles – These candles are non-toxic and have a beautiful soft glow.
- Deep Conditioner – Whenever I need some self-care time, I reach for this hair mask. It is made with only natural ingredients and leaves my hair feeling restored.
- Real Plans Membership – This is the meal planning service that changed my life (no exaggeration) and makes eating healthy possible for my family.
- Vitamix – This is my favorite blender for smoothies or homemade baby food. An investment worth making.
- Lettering Book – One of my favorite ways to unwind is to practice pretty handwriting. This book is a fantastic guide and how-to for beginners!
- Amazon Prime Membership – Free 2-day shipping plus free streaming of her favorite music, movies, and shows.
- Dry Brush – Dry brushing helps stimulate the lymphatic system and may also help reduce cellulite.
- The Backyard Homestead – Does mom love to garden but doesn’t live on tons of land? This book outlines how to have a full-functioning homestead on a 1/4 acre!
- Set of 14 Essential Oils – Help mom relax and stay healthy with this essential oil kit (my favorite!)
- Wellness Mama Cookbook – Katie is a dear friend and she creates marvelous real food recipes for kids. There’s also an opportunity to get tons of bonuses if you pre-order!
- Fitbit Blaze – I am so happy I asked for this for Mother’s Day! Keeps track of my steps, water intake, and offers exercise suggestions I can do throughout the day.
Gift Ideas for Papa
Really, dads are easy to please, too. Some of past favorite have been a planned family camping trip, tickets to a ball game with his best friend, and anything baked and delicious!
- Hardsole Slippers – These slippers are fur-lined and super cozy, plus the hard soles make them good for running outside to grab the paper 🙂
- Saddleback Leather Writing Portfolio – A manly way to carry his work essentials. Comes with a 100-year warranty!
- Workout Bar – This workout bar hangs in your doorway, allowing for quick workouts throughout the day at home or at the office.
- Liquid D3 – If papa works inside, he may be lacking an adequate amount of D3. This can boost his levels and his mood!
- Snow Peak Titanium Camping Mug – Sturdy and reliable.
- Earth Runners Sandals – Stylish and important for grounding.
- Tile Slim Item Finder – If dad frequently misplaces his keys, wallet, or other important items, this bluetooth tile can find them via your cell phone. Super helpful!
- Oven and BBQ Gloves – If your man loves to grill, protect his hands with these heat-resistant gloves.
- Collagen Whey Protein – Finally, a protein powder made with nourishing ingredients, including collagen!
- Leather Weekender Bag – Stylish and comfortable to carry.
- Beard Oil – Soften his whiskers with natural oils!
- Hammock – This hammock is very portable and great for camping or hiking.
- Phone Handset – Help reduce up to 98% of radiation from cell phones with this plug-in, portable handset.
- Phone Case + Bottle Opener – If the dad in your life always has his phone around, he can use this to easily crack open a cold one.
- Clothing Brush – A higher quality debris-remover than a lint roller. Great for suits.
- BeeCool Muscle Balm – Convenient application of soothing ingredients for sore muscles.
- Timex Men’s Canvas Watch – A good outdoor watch with a rustic flare.
- Beard Comb – Made of sandalwood to keep your guy’s beard looking fresh!
- Hydroflask – Keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold for a loooooong time!
- Waterproof and Fire Safe Safe – For all your family’s important documents and keepsakes.
Gift Ideas for Kiddos + Teens
These are terrific ideas for older kids or teenagers that encourage free play and won’t keep them in front of a screen for hours!
- Badger Lip Balm – Natural, eco-friendly nourishing lip balm.
- Play Xylophone – Allows children to learn note-association.
- Immuni-T Kids Blend – For your kids in school or around other kids a lot, this roller bottle uses safe and pre-diluted essential oils that support the immune system.
- Knife Set – Don’t worry, this knife set is safe for kids and will encourage their help in the kitchen.
- To Market, to Market – A great real food book in which a child discovers where food at the farmers’ market comes from originally.
- Melissa & Doug Cleaning Set – These kid-sized cleaning tools encourages free play and help around the house.
- Happy Light – This benefits the whole family, but is especially great if kids are stuck inside because of weather.
- Organic Training Pants – Underwear is a classic “bad Christmas gift”, but not when a toddler is ready to be “a big boy” or “a big girl”!
- Gorilla Gym – We purchased this after a friend raved about it, and it’s become a staple “toy” in our house that allows my daughter to play inside but still get good exercise.
- LEGO Read and Build – If a kid loves LEGOs, this is a great gift to encourage them to read and construct while they play.
- Blue Light Blocking Sunglasses – To avoid the hormone-disrupting blue light when watching an after-dark movie or studying late on a computer (plus they look cool 😉 ).
- Natural Deodorant – Doesn’t feel awkward for your first-time users.
- Connect 4 (or other board games) – A favorite in our house. It’s also fairly quiet and is fun for a wide range of ages.
- Texting Gloves – For the teen who just can’t resist!
- Runaway Alarm Clock – A fun way to get sleep teens out of bed.
- Badminton/Volleyball Set – An easy-to-setup double game that keeps kids moving while having fun!
- Stainless Steel Lunch Box with Dividers – Keep their food away from plastic and provide a sturdy vessel for healthy lunches!
- Once Upon a Mat – Fun and interactive yoga DVD for kids ages 2.5 and up.
- Non-Toxic Nail Polish – Great for little girls!
- Standing Easel – Our daughter loves playing with this standing easel. There’s not much it doesn’t do.
Gift Ideas for Baby
Show baby (or a new or expectant mama) some love with these sweet finds.
- Organic Sleeper – Soft organic material for boys or girls!
- Probiotics – Helps babies and toddlers improve their digestion and ease gas.
- Shape Sorter – This wooden and colorful shape sorter encourages cognitive development.
- Lifefactory Glass Bottles – Avoid the dangers of plastic but still ensure against breaking!
- Amber Teething Necklace – Mamas, these necklaces are super cute, go with nearly any outfit, and baby can chew on them freely without worry of choking or harmful plastic.
- Boba Baby Wrap – One of my favorite ways to wear babies.
- Muslin Swaddle Blankets – My favorite everyday blankets for babies. I used them as nursing covers, too!
- Himalayan Salt Lamp – Purifies the air and makes a great nightlight without harmful blue light.
- Organic Teething Plush Giraffe – Soft and pliable, perfect for slobbery teething.
- Shea Moisture Baby Wash and Lotion – This stuff smells so good, and it’s made without chemicals or artificial ingredients!
- Stacking Rings – Colorful, wooden, safe to chew on, brain-boosting, and easy to store!
- Organic Bamboo Reusable Nursing Pads – These were a lifesaver when I was nursing my daughter, and saved money because they are washable.
- Simply Soothing Rash Stick – Safe and natural ingredients in a convenient stick for irritated bums.
- Trunk Organizer – This is another gift primarily for the parents of babies, but this trunk organizer is a must-have on my list. Perfect for storing extra diapers, wipes, blankets, and burp clothes when you’re on the go.
- Stainless Steel Play Cooking Set – Does your toddler love to bang on pots and pans? Here are some of their own 😉
- Organic Wash Cloths – Soft and sturdy for bath time.
- 4moms Baby Swing – I’m not a fan of keeping babies in swings or bouncers all the time, but I understand that it’s necessary at times to get anything done! This one has great reviews!
- Nipple Butter – Another one for mamas of babies – helpful for the discomforts of nursing.
- Klean Kanteen Sippy Cup – Forgo the plastic sippy cups – this one is safe and durable.
- Under the Nile Elephant Lovie – Cozy and organic lovie for your love.
Of course, if you’re not into early-planning, there’s always these last minute homemade gift ideas that never disappoint!
What’s on your Christmas list this year? Share below!